The BEAT webmaster is responsible for maintaining and updating the BEAT website (www.beat.org) – an extremely important component of the highly respected Brunswick Environmental Action Team (BEAT).
Basic tasks include:
1. Using the Wix.com website host to maintain and update the BEAT website.
2. Making timely updates in BEAT announcements, newsworthy events, coming activities, recently completed activities, minutes of meetings, and officer and board listings.
3. Making timely updates in the issue description section.
4. Making timely updates in the BEAT membership list.
5. Maintaining communication with the BEAT president and other officers and board members as necessary.
6. Attending BEAT general membership meetings.
Helpful skills include:
1. Basic computer word processing, search, and email skills.
2. An ability to write clear website content.
3. Knowledge of the Wix.com website editing process. (This can easily be learned through online tutorials and an instructional session with the departing webmaster.)
4. Introductory-level knowledge of Excel spreadsheets. (This can easily be learned through online tutorials and an instructional session with the departing webmaster.)